Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Noodles
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- medium shallot, peeled and minced
- red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into ½-inch dice
- clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp
- red curry paste
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- juice of one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ to ½ c
- cup coconut milk (*see note below)
- 1 lb
- medium shrimp; peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- yellow squash, spiral cut
- zucchini squash, spiral cut
- scallions, chopped
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- large basil leaves, chopped
- zest of one lime, about 1 tablespoon
- * note: coconut milk should be added gradually until desired consistency is reached.
1Place a large saucepan, on the stove over a medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
Saute the shallots and red pepper for 3 minutes to soften the shallots. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add curry paste, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and coconut milk and cook another minute.
2Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the broth.
Simmer 3 minutes or until cooked through.
Add spiral cut yellow squash and zucchini and toss with the curry sauce.
Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes to warm through. Remove lid and add scallions, cilantro, basil and lime zest.
Toss everything together.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.