Country Style Green Beans With Red Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ham hock (use 2 if they are small)
- (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- large onion, chopped
- small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoning salt (if needed, use your own judgement as ham is often quite salty on it's own. you can always add the salt later)
- 2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
1Place the ham hock('s) and onion into a 4 quart Dutch oven and fill half way full with water.
2Season water with salt, pepper and garlic powder and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat until meat falls off the bones, about 2 hours.
Remove the bones and skin; return the meat to the pot.
3Discard bones and skin.
4Add the green beans to the Dutch oven and simmer for 20 minutes, then add the potatoes. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.