Linguini & Clams
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves,chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 large onion,sliced thin
- 1 lb fresh clams(scrubbed) or 3 c canned chopped clams
- 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1 c clam broth
- 1/2 bunch parsley,chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil until hot, add onions and sauté until just soften,add garlic sauté about 30 seconds. Add clams and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute. Add wine and clam broth cook uncovered, just until clams open, 4-5 minutes.
Add linguine to boiling water and cook al dente according to package directions.
Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water, then drain linguine and add to pan. Cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until linguine is just tender, about 1 minute. Add some reserved cooking water to keep moist. Remove from heat. Add parsley and butter, tossing to coat.