Swiss Chicken Bake
Although she won't want credit for this delicious recipe...all credit goes to my friend Carol Zecchin...another wonderful cook and baker from JAP...
- 2 c
- peppridge farms herb seasoned stuffing mix - i couldn't find, so i improvised with herb flavored stove top stuffing mix
- 1/4 c
- chicken breasts cut in half to make 6 thinner breasts -...i used 2 large and cut in half to make 4 thinner breasts.
- 6 slice
- swiss cheese - or provolone
- 1 - 14 oz
- can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c
- water (1/4 cup if using smaller can of soup )
- and pepper to taste
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium skillet; saute croutons with the butter until toasty.
Sprinkle the browned croutons evenly over the soup.