Noodle Bowls with Chicken and Veggies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 qt
- vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb
- linguini (you can use an asain noodle if you choose)
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks (not breaded)
- scallions, cut into bite-size pcs. on an angle
- 2 c
- shredded carrots
- 1 pkg
- fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 24), coarsly chopped
- head bok choy, trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 lb
- snow peas, cut in half on an angle
- fresh cilantro or chives, chopped, for garnish (opt)
1Bring 3 quarts of vegetable stock or chicken broth to a boil in a large soup pot. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
2In a separate large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain just before it is done. It will finish cooking while it sits in the noodle bowls.
3Divide the cooked pasta into 4 equal amts and put them into 4 deep bowls.
4Meanwhile, add chicken pcs to the boiling broth and poach for about 5 min.
5Add veggies to the bowls of pasta. Ladle the broth and chicken equally into the four soup bowls so they cover the veggies and noodles. Cover the bowls tightly with small plates and let them steep for about 5 minutes.
6Uncover your bowls and serve. Add more salt and pepper, to each person's taste. Sprinkle with garnish, if wanted and slurp away!