My Chicken Pot Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- puff pastry shell or dough for 1 pie shell
- 5 Tbsp
- butter (separated)
- 1 tsp
- dry minced onion
- 1/4 c
- frozen peas
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- 2 stick
- peeled carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth (enough to cover chicken tenders)
- 2 small
- yukon gold potatoes, cooked and diced
- chicken tenders, cooked and diced
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- chicken bouillon paste
- 1 c
- add to taste: celery salt, lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- very small pinch of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste, but remember chicken broth and bouillon have salt
1Cook chicken tenders in chicken broth. Cool and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2Boil potatoes and diced carrots until firm, but tender. You can boil potatoes in chunks or dice up so they cook faster. (I cook potato chunks and carrots together, so they get done about the same time.) Set aside to cool.
3Preheat Oven to 375*. Bring out pastry or puff pastry to warm on counter while you proceed with following steps.
4Gently saute' celery and onion in 2 Tbs. butter. until tender. Add cooked potatoes and carrots, spices, frozen peas. Set aside.
5In separate pan, make roux by using remaining 3 Tbs. butter and 3 Tbs. flour. Add 3/4 cup to 1 cup milk.
6Add chicken bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon - Costco). Stir together until roux is slightly thickened.
7Add chicken pieces. Add your cooked potatoes and carrot mixture.
8Place in greased casserole dish. Cover with pastry or puff pastry. Cut top to vent. You can brush with a little milk if desired.
9Bake on lower rack in oven @ 375*F. until filling is bubbling and crust is puffed and golden brown. 30-35 minutes