Featured Pinch Tips Video
- for browning meat ~ i used olive
- chicken thigh, i used bone in to keep them from falling apart and skin on for flavor
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage, kilebasa, or your favorite sausage - cut into 2 inch pieces ( i used smoked turkey & cheddar sausage )
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- 2 can(s)
- (15 - 20) ounces ~ white beans - rinsed ( could use any white bean, i used nothern beans
- 3/4 - 1 c
- chicken stock
- 1 - 15 oz
- can, chopped tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano ( can use plain and add a pinch of spices)
- bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme or to taste
- 1/2 c
- dried ~ italian bread crumbs
6Pour in tomatoes, thyme, chicken stock, rinsed beans and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
I just sort of tossed everything gently to get some of the crumbs into the juices.
Place a lid over dutch oven and bake for about 1 hr and 45 minutes. Can check it after 1 and 1/2 hours, if the chicken is as tender as you like, go ahead and take from oven. ( I use a cast iron dutch oven, which holds more heat, therefore cooks faster. ) Stir everything together and if not enough juice by all means add a little chicken stock, as it will thicken up as it sets.