Chicken Curry with Cashews & Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- curry powder or paste (i used madras curry powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper (i used a pinch)
- boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 medium
- fresh tomatoes, finely chopped (better if peeled)
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped (i used 2 teaspoons ground coriander)
- 3/4 c
- cashews (i used roasted cashews for better taste and color)
- 1 (14 oz) can(s)
- coconut milk
-Add curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
-Add chicken and cook, stirring to coat, 3 minutes.
-Pulse cashews in a food processor or electric coffee/spice grinder until very finely ground, then add to curry along with coconut milk and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring until sauce is thickened for about 5 minutes.
-Serve hot with basmati or jasmine rice.