BEST EVER CHICKEN CUTLETS
Mary Anne Looby
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- free range chicken breast halves, or the very best chicken you can buy
- 3 c
- plain white bread crumbs, i make my own from old italian and french bread, but you can use packaged, they must be plain
- fresh large eggs beaten in a shallow dish such as a pie plate, mix with 3 tbs of warm water
- 1 c
- finest parm/reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp
- oil, i use vegtable oil, you can use canola oil, do not use olive oil, it changes the flavor
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt
1Wash and pat chicken dry. Carefully holding with the palm of your non knife hand, flat on top of the chicken breast, cut the brast in half horizontally, so that you now have two pieces that are the same size but thinner. Do the same with the rest of the chicken breasts.
Place the chicken pieces between two pieces of waxed paper and pound them out until they have almost doubled in size. Do this with all the pieces
2In another shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, cheese and salt. Heat oil in large sauté pan over med high heat. Meanwhile, dip one piece of chicken into the egg bath, then into the bread crumb mixture, making sure it is coated on both sided. Place in pan to sauté three minutes on each side. Do this with all the chicken pieces.
3Heat oven to 325 and place chicken on a cookie sheet and place in oven to keep warm while you prepare what ever sides you are going to serve.
NOTE: If I were serving this to company, it would be as Chicken Malanese. Clean and chop three Belgium Endive bulbs, about 6 oz of Arugula washed, stemmed and chopped, and firm fresh plum tomatos chopped. Mix together and dress with a simple red wine vinegar and oil dressing made by mixing the two and adjusting for salt and pepper. Present to your guests with very hot chicken in center of plate, topped with very cold salad. Serve with good crusty bread. They combination of hot chicken and cold salad is amazing. I would usually preceed this with a soup course and follow with a decadent dessert.