Baked Chicken Mushroom Spaghetti
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- de boned chicken thighs
- 1 lb
- baby portobello mushrooms (stems removed and sliced)
- 1 c
- diced yellow or white onion
- 1 lb
- spaghetti (barilla brand preferred)
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 3/4 lb
- deli white american cheese
- 1/4 lb
- velveeta sharp cheddar or regular style processed cheese
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- real butter
- handful of crushed chicken n biskit crackers, saltine crackers or butter crackers
- (optional shredded cheddar or any other shredded cheese for topping
1Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Foil a baking pan and place chicken thighs flattened in it. Bake until done (3-46 minutes) Remove chicken and let cool. Reserve any liquid from the pan.
2While chicken is baking, slice the mushrooms and diced the onions. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3Bring pot of salted water to boil and cook spaghetti according to pachage instructions or until nearly done (noodles should still be slightly firm). Drain and set aside in the same pot you cooked the noodles in. For easier mixing, you may break the noodles up before boiling or cut them with a pair of kitchen shears after boiling and mixing in the sauce.
4Dice or shred the chicken thighs after removing any fat or gristle. I use a pair of kitchen shears and just snip into chunks.
5Dice the cheese, pull the sliced american apart and add the cream of chicken mushroom soup. Melt into a sauce. You may add milk to thin as desired (it will soak into the noodles while baking) Add the reserved liquid from baked chicken. Add the noodles and mushrooms/onion mixture and stir to coat. Add chicken. Pour mixture into baking dish, top with shredded cheese and then crackers and bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
6Serve with a side salal or steamed broccoli and garlic butter bread.