Chili Corn Dog Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- your favorite chili, with beans (can also use two 15 oz. cans)
- 6 - 8
- hot dogs, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 c
- self-rising cornmeal mix*
- 1/2 c
- large egg
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- *note: can substitute 1 c. cornmeal and 1 tsp. baking powder for the self-rising cornmeal.
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2Place warm chili in an 11x17 glass baking dish. Arrange hot dog slices on top, depending on how many servings you want. (I also brown them first.)
3Whisk together the cornmeal mix, milk, egg, and oil in a small bowl. Add half of the cheese. Pour evenly over the hot dogs.
4Sprinkle with remaining cheese (or wait until 5 minutes before you are done baking).
5Bake until the cornbread topping is lightly browned and firm and the chili bubbles around the edges (25 - 30 minutes).
6Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.