SUNDAY DINNER POT ROAST--BONNIE'S WAY
The photos are my own and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound chuck roast
- medium size red potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cut in half
- 2 cans
- cream of chicken soup (do not add water to it)
- 2 cans
- mushroom slices, drained
- mushroom can filled with marsala wine
- heaping teaspoon of chopped garlic
- cracked black pepper
- tablespoons olive oil for searing meat
- salt and pepper the meat to your taste before searing
4Place the seared meat in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the potatoes. Pour the bowl mixture over the top of the roast. Put on the lid and don't look at it again until dinner time. Cook 2 hours on high, and then 4 to 6 hours on low until it is as tender as you like it. The gravy will turn a lovely golden brown, and there is no need to thicken it.