Steak and chips with all the trimings.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- sirlion steaks
- onions white (peeled and sliced)
- meduim size mushrooms( washed and sliced)
- potatoes ( washed peeled and chopped in to chips)
- season with sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 tsp
- heaped of butter
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock , i used a chk stock cube
- 1 tsp
- roughly crushed black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- just some salt and malt vinegar or white vinegar .. your choice..
PEPPERCORN SAUCE ..
SEASON FOR HOMEMADE CHIPS..
In a pot melt butter over medium heat add to that the flour little by little stirring constantly. Until you have a smooth thick paste.
Add the milk a little to begin with stirring constantly until the sauce begins to thicken add the mustard and stir in well this will give the sauce the rich tan colour . Stir in the chicken stock making sure there is no lumps and to the consistently thickness you like your pepper sauce . Keep stirring add to that the peppercorn , turn heat on low and simmer for few minutes until the peppercorns just soften a little . Turn off the heat and cover your sauce with a sheet of cling film , this will prevent a skin forming over the peppercorn sauce until you are ready to serve it ..