Rustic Crock Pot Beef Stew - Cassies Way ~
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 lb
- chuck roast - trimmed and cubed
- oil - as much as needed to brown beef
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- season salt
- onions - cut into chunks
- 3 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 32 oz
- beef broth
- 1/4 c
- each - sherry and worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- better than buillon beef flavor
- 1 tsp
- gravy master - optional
- salt & pepper
- carrots - peeled and chunked - at least 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium
- idaho potatoes - washed & unpeeled, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces - not too small or will be mushy before the rest is cooked
- 3 - 4 stalk(s)
- celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- bay leaves
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen corn, thawed
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- corn starch - if wanting to thicken more - optional
- 1 tsp
- gravy master
In a dutch oven - add enough oil to cover bottom of pan. Turn heat to medium.
Add the flour to a plastic zip lock bag, along with season salt. Add beef to bag, making sure not to over crowd, so to get an even covering of flour. Place on a plate as you flour.
Salt and pepper your beef of desired.
Brown the onions for just a few minutes - just until they begin to color.
Add the broth, Sherry, Worschestershire sauce, gravy master browning sauce and bouillon. Scrape any remaining browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring broth mixture to a boil and then set aside.
Pour the broth over everything. Place lid on pot and turn to high. I cooked mine on high for 3 hours, then turned to low for 2 hours. I added the corn in the 4th hour of cooking.