Homemade Cheesy Hamburger Helper (not from a box)
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- yellow bell pepper, diced
- baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 - 2 pinch
- basil, dried / if fresh 1-2 leaves minced
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 3 - 4
- handfuls of egg noodles or elbows (i prefer egg noodles)
- 1 - 2 c
- mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Drain fat from pan leaving about 1 tablespoon.
Add 1 Cup water and 1 Cup milk.
Bring to a boil.
Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes for further thickening.
You can also substitute the beef with ground turkey
If you would like to add a bit of bite to this.. or a nacho type flavor.. add some red pepper according to your tastes too!