Carole's Country Meatloaf
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- small green bell pepper, diced fine
- small carrot, diced fine
- 1 pkg
- "lipton" dry onion soup mix
- 1 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 slice
- white bread, chopped finely in food processor
- 1 tsp
- worchestershire sauce, optional
- set aside a small amount of water to moisten mixture
1Combine and thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl, by hand, except water.
Add water a tablespoon at a time just to soften mixture.
2Form into a loaf. Spray Pam or Olive Oil in loaf pan to help prevent sticking and fill pan with the meatloaf.
3Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour covered with aluminum foil to prevent top from becoming too crispy.
After 1 hour, remove aluminum foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
Variation: Mix meatloaf as above, but cut an opening down the middle lengthwise and add your favorite cheese (I use American). Seal opening and cook.