Beef Stew Soup
Can use a variety of vegetables, buy a less expensive cut of beef. Cut into a chunky texture not small.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- beef chunks, already cut or buy a lesser expensive cut and cut into small squares.
- fresh garlic cloves, 1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped, 4 carrots chopped, 1 green pepper chopped
- large onion chopped into larger pieces
- celery stalks chopped into somewhat chunky pieces
- 1/2 gal
- water, 1/2 browning gravy, 1/2cup of worchester, 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- sherry or red wine
- 3 small
- red potatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil or butter to saute, 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken if a stew like dish is needed.
- serve on cooked brown rice or white rice
1saute Garlic, salt, pepper, onion, parsely celery in 1/4 cup of olive oil or butter. Until veggies glaze over. Add Chopped beef squares, Saute and turn over several times until the meat is rare cooked and brown on outside. Let the Beef juices stay on bottom of large pot..
2Add other veggies and slightly saute , more butter if needed.. Add 2tsp salt 2 tsp pepper, gravy browing and then put in about a half gallon of water into large pot..Stir up from the bottom. Add worchester sauce, dijon mustard about 3 tablespoons or so.. Taste for meaty steak flavor.. PUT rest of veggies in pot. Bring to a boil for around 10-14 minutes on a higher heat.. then lower to a medium low heat. Put the lid on..
3Stir frequently from the bottom. Add 1/2 cup of sherry wine or merlot(optional). Add any other chopped vegetables, I also added dried lima beans , lentils and some kidney beans. Cooked about minutes. Added 3 small chopped red potatoes skinned. .Brings some starch into the broth. Cooked completely around 40-45 minutes. Served over cooked brown rice into soup bowls. A variation was to keep in pan without large water.. and then add sherry, gravy browning , 2cups of water and 2 tblsp flour mixed in slowly a little at a time.. made a nice thick stew sauce as well. Served on cooked brown rice . Could be a soup or Stew.. Very tasty hearty and healthy!