Tomato Ricotta Bake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp. 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
1Preheat oven to 400. In 9 inch springform pan, toss bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of the olive oil; press bread crumbs evenly into bottom of pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk together ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, basil and salt and pepper. Pour over the crust and arrange sliced tomatoes on top. Sprinkle sugar over the tomatoes and brush with the 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
3. Bake til tomatoes are almost dry, about 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.