Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- mild Italian sausage
- 1 jar(s)
- (26 oz) tomato & basil pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 c
- lasagna noodles, uncooked (broken into 2 inch or so pieces)
- 12 oz
- container of cottage cheese (I like small curd)
- 1/2 c
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 2 c
- shredded Italian blend cheese
- small green pepper (about half a cup)
- 1/4 c
1In a large skillet cook together ground beef and Italian sausage. Half way through add the green peppers and onion. Cook until meat is cooked through and onions are clear. Drain.
2Stir in pasta sauce, water and uncooked, broken lasagna noodles.
3Reduce heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 - 25 mins. Stir occsionally until pasta is almost tender.
4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley and egg. Spread over partially cooked meat mixture. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Cover again and cook 10 - 15 minutes longer or until cottage cheese mix is set and pasta is tender.