ricotta, spinach, and pine nut pizza
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for brushing and drizzling
- one quantity pizza dough, or a 10 inch pizza base
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 12 ounces spinach
- one onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
1roll out dough on a lightly floured counter to a 10 inch round. Place on a cookie sheet and push up the edge a little. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
2Wash the spinach in cold water and dry well. Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and drain off any liquid.
3Spread the ricotta cheese evenly over the pizza base, then cover with a spinach and onion mixture. Sprinkle over the nutmeg and pine nuts and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with a slice of fontina and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden sizzling. Serve at once. Serves 2 to 4.