Pasta with Carbonara Sauce
This is traditionally served with spaghetti, but any long or ribbon shape, such as tagliatelle or linguine, will be fine.Unknown Source
- 7 oz. dried pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and ground black pepper
1Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions, about 8 minutes.
2Meanwhile, heat butter in small skillet. Add shallot, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes til golden. Put the eggs, cream and Parmesan into a bowl and beat, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3Drain pasta and return to hot pan. Remove pan from heat and add shallot mixture. Add egg mixture and toss well. Divide between 2 serving bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and black pepper, the serve at once. Serves 2