Linguine with Bacon and Scallops
- strips bacon
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion chopped
- green or red bell peppers (capsicums), cored, seeded, and chopped
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 12 oz
- whole bay scallops, or quartered sea scallops
- 1 lb
- linguine or other noodle shape, cooked according to the package directions and drained
towels and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces. Discard the bacon fat
and heat the olive oil in the same skillet over moderate heat.
Add the bell pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook,
stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
and cook over high heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes -
do not over cook the scallops. Toss the cooked pasta with the
scallop mixture and serve immediately.