Linguine with Bacon and Scallops
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- strips bacon
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion chopped
- green or red bell peppers (capsicums), cored, seeded, and chopped
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 12 oz
- whole bay scallops, or quartered sea scallops
- 1 lb
- linguine or other noodle shape, cooked according to the package directions and drained
1Fry the bacon in a large heavy skillet until crisp. Drain on paper
towels and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces. Discard the bacon fat
and heat the olive oil in the same skillet over moderate heat.
2Saute the onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the bell pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook,
stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
3Add the scallops and bacon
and cook over high heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes -
do not over cook the scallops. Toss the cooked pasta with the
scallop mixture and serve immediately.