Cheesy Sausage & Peppers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 bag(s)
- safeway brand frozen green, red & yellow pepper strips (or substitute with fresh peppers)
- 1 jar(s)
- classico italian sausage, peppers & onions pasta sauce (or substitute with your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 small
- yellow onions
- 3 1/2 c
- catelli penne rigate noodles (or substitute whole grain or whole wheat noodles)
- 1 lb
- johnsonville italiano hot italian sausage (links or ground)
- 1 bag(s)
- kraft 4 cheese light shredded cheese (or 3 cups of your favorite italian shredded cheese)
CHEESY SAUSAGE & PEPPERS INGREDIENTS
4While waiting for meat & noodles to cook, Using a sharp knife, dice the small yellow onion and add into the browning meat. If you choose to use 3 large fresh peppers (1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green), rinse them off and then using a knife, cut off the ends and remove the seeds, then rinse again to ensure seeds are gone. Cut each pepper into quarters and then into strips (about 1/4 inch in length) and add them to the meat. If you choose the frozen pepper strips, add 1/2 of the bag to the meat and freeze the remaining peppers for later use.
5Once the peppers and onions are added to the meat, cover and let simmer until noodles are done, stirring occasionally. (Meat mixture may need to be drained in the skillet once more if a lot of moisture is present)
7Make sure both burners on the stove are off...Add both the noodles and the meat mixture to the large cooking pot you used to cook the noodles and then add the jar of pasta sauce. Using a big spoon, stir the noodles and meat mixture until well mixed.
8Using an 8x10 baking dish (3" Deep) Spoon in the pasta mixture, add half the bag of cheese and spread evenly across the layer and then spoon the remaining pasta mixture - spreading evenly over the cheese and then add the remaining cheese over the top and spread across the pasta evenly.