ARTICHOKE Cheese Melts
Little did I know that most of the things I fix are just some of this and some of that. I use what ever I had onhand
at any given time with almost no measurements. I keep leftover veggies in a countainer in the freezer. After it fills up I make soups, stews and so forth.
This too was a "hmmm gotta can left over" an made for a SUPER BOWL BASH. Now it's a fast and easy dish loved by us all. WIth so many swap outs.
- 1 large
- loaf crusty italian bread sliced bread thick about 3/4 in
- 1 can(s)
- 14oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- mayo or sour cream may be sub
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil or butter spread over pan( cookie sheet)
- salt and pepper to taste we like lots of pepper
oil or butter cookie sheet,If bread is fresh slice and set aside to dry out. or pop in oven for a couple minutes ( Careful there not to long)
pile this mix onto toasted bread and return to oven til bubbles and lightly browned
serve open faced
FOR SUBS: change sour cream or cream cheese for mayo,I use this in order to have more of a spread.
This is a great simple meal.ALWAYS A HIT! I will serve with a salad or a bowl of soup.Make appetizers on baguette. I never tryed it but I was told one of my fellas made these at a tailgate party for FLORIDA vs GEORGIA . As far as I can tell if the cheese melts and the bread is toasted it's gonna be good. Go For it.