Spinach & Bacon Haddock
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 oz
- firm white fish fillets (e.g. haddock loins)
- 1 medium
- lemon (juice only)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, bacon drippings, or a combination
- 10-12 medium
- mushrooms, hard stems removed, thinly sliced
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked, drained, and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips.
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 1 lb
- fresh spinach, washed
- 1/2 c
- seasoned tomatoes (e.g. bruschetta spread, tomato pesto, chunky spaghetti sauce, seasoned canned tomatoes)
1Preheat the oven to 350F.
2Drip the lemon juice over the fish and set aside.
3Heat the olive oil (or drippings) in a large skillet or other oven-safe pan. Saute the sliced mushrooms in the olive oil until lightly browned.
4Remove the mushrooms from the pan, leaving their liquid behind. Put the mushrooms and bacon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
5Pour the white wine into the hot pan and add the spinach. Cook the spinach until it is wilted but still quite green.
6Remove the spinach from the pan, leaving behind as much liquid as possible. Place the spinach on a cutting board. Remove the pan from the hot burner.
7Chop the spinach and add the spinach to the mushrooms and bacon. Stir to mix.
8Place the fish in the center of the pan. Spread the seasoned tomatoes on it and blanket with the spinach mixture.
9Cover with foil and bake 1/2 hour until the fish is cooked through.