Shrimp Pasta Salad - Waco Style
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- bay shrimp, pre-cooked and shelled
- 16 oz
- elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled (smaller is best)
- green bell pepper, diced
- red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can(s)
- can sliced ripe olives, drained (3 7/8 oz
- 2-3 medium
- celery ribs, diced finely
- 1/2 medium
- walla walla onion, diced (any other sweet onion such as vidalia)
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated (the kraft flavored is nice in this)
- 16 oz
- bernsteins light fantastic cheese fantastico salad dressing, to taste
- 1.5-2 Tbsp
- tablespoons salad elegance seasoning mix, to taste (i prefer johnny's brand)
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- egg, hard boiled and sliced (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- grape tomatoes, (optional)
1Boil noodles as directed on package (around 9-11 minutes);immediately rinse in cold water to stop further cooing.
2Prep all veggies and rinse shrimp removing any remaining shells etc that were missed while pasta boils then rinse and drain pasta so that you begin with a large bowl of cool pasta.
3Add in the shrimp, veggies, parmesean cheese, and salad dressing. Stir thoroghly, and add seasonings to taste.
4If desired,garnish with a sliced hard boiled egg,grape tomatoes and chopped green onions.
Chill for 30 minutes, minimum,for best flavor before serving.