Shrimp and Grits, New Orleans Style
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- cleaned and deshelled shrimp(medium)
- onions, small white
- 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic(minced)depends how much you like garlic
- olive oil, extra virgin-to coat the bottom of sautee pan
- 2 tsp
- unsalted butter
- 1/4 lb
- smoke gouda cheese(diced into cubes, again depends how much you like cheese. you could increase the amount
- grits, quick-cooking(cook according to package.
1Coat the sautee pan with olive oil and put butter in to melt. Add onions, garlic and pepper to taste. I never use salt, unless kosher or sea, your preference. In the mean while, cook grits according to directions and when they are cooked add the Gouda Cheese, blend until melted completely. (If you don't like Gouda use a Cheddar). Cover to keep hot. Now that you onions and garlic are cooked until lucid on medium low fire add you shrimp cook until the turn pink about 5-7 minutes. To serve: put grits in a shallow bowl(like a pasta bowl) and spoon your shrimp mixture on top of the grits. Don't forget some of the sauce.