Salmon con Pomodoro Fresco
For this recipe you will use fresh plum tomatoes to make a quick pan sauce for the salmon.
Oh so good!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh parsley, or 1 tsp dried parsley
- salmon fillets (8 ounces each)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- white wine
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 2 tsp dried basil
1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, thyme and parsley.
Saute' for 2 minutes.
Drain and discard the oil.
2Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
Add it to the skillet and cook over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Then turn the fillets over and cook for another 3 minutes.
3Add the wine, tomatoes and basil to the skillet.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook covered, over low - medium heat for 8 minutes.
Serve each salmon fillet topped with a generous spoonful of tomato sauce.