My Easy Smoked Oyster Stew w/Bacon Potatoes & Onions
(Old photo by me...need to take a new one!! LOL!!) But had a lot of fun that day! :D
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small red or yukon gold potatoes
- small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbl.
- slices (depending on thickness and size after cooking), bacon, cooked crisp and broken into pieces
- 1 cup
- half and half
- 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp.
- superior touch better than bouillon chicken base, can sub chicken bouillon but not as good
- 1 dash
- garlic powder, to taste
- *coarse ground black pepper to taste
- (3 3/4 oz.) can petite smoked oysters, drained
- *oyster or saltine crackers, optional
Garnish each bowl heavily with cooked crumbled bacon. Serve with oyster crackers or saltines.
Some like a little hot sauce served with on the side, too. *If using bacon that you have on hand that has been precooked, just wrap in papertowel and microwave about 10 seconds. (Thaw cooked bacon first if using it from your freezer and it's not already thawed.)
I always cook an entire package/pound of bacon when I get it home, drain on papertowels, then wrap in clean papertowels and put into a freezer baggie for future use. You get the whole mess done in one shot, and then you can use however much you need at whatever time for anything from garnishes to BLT's! It's VERY handy!!!! :D
To reheat: Just wrap in a sheet of papertowel and zap for about 8-10 seconds or til sizzling. Wah-lah!! :D