Italian Seafood Sauce
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- raw medium shrimp
- 2 dozen
- littleneck clams
- 1 lb
- bay scallops
- lobster tail or 2 crab legs
- cod fillets
- tilapia fillets (melts into the sauce and gives it a rich full flavor).
- 2 28-oz can(s)
- crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-oz can(s)
- tomato puree
- 1 small can(s)
- tomato paste
- vidalia onion, diced for a touch of sweetness
- 2 clove
- garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- good seasons italian dressing mix (takes away the strong fishy taste without taking away from the flavor)
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- pinch basil, thyme and oregano
- pinch black pepper
- 2 turns extra virgin olive oil to coat pan
1In large sauce pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil as directed.
2Add diced onions and swirl them around for a minute or two.
3Add diced garlic and cook until tender.
4Pour in wine and let cook down about 2 minutes or so.
5Add tomato paste and stir together until paste thins a bit.
6Add tomatoes and puree.
7Stir in herbs and salad dressing mix. Stir and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes over low heat.
8Clean clams, peel and devein shrimp.
9Now, add the cod and scallops. Then, add shrimp, lobster or crab legs and cook 5 minutes. Add the tilapia and clams, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes on very low heat.
10Serve over linguini.