Greek-Style Fish With Marinated Tomatoes
Total cooking time will vary, depending on whether you choose to oven roast or grill. The total time listed is for roasting the fish, but it'll take less time if you choose to grill.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- cherry tomatoes, halved (preferably sun gold variety)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- minced hot chili pepper (such as a jalapeno), or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 4 clove
- garlic, sliced (or more, to taste)
- black pepper
- 2 to 3 lb
- whole fish, butterflied and boned (striped bass, rockfish, snapper, or trout are good varieties)
- 1 large
- lemon, sliced
- 4 to 6 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
To grill: Grill until firm enough to turn, 5 to 8 minutes. Turn and cook second side for 5 to 8 minutes.
Whether roasting or grilling, fish is done when exterior is crisp and a thin-bladed knife passes easily through the flesh.