Elsie's Salmon Rolls with Onion Gravy
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- quick cooking oats, 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can(s)
- salmon, canned (15 oz.); sprinkle with 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 c
- all purpose flour, and 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c
- shortening, or butter
- 3/4 c
- 1 lg. or 2 sm. diced onions
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- flour - may need more to absorb oil
- 1 (or more c
- milk as needed to make a medium thick gravy.
Mix Flour, Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp. Salt, Shortening or Butter, with the Milk. Put out onto floured board, and Roll out about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Place rolls onto cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each one