Elsie's Salmon Rolls with Onion Gravy
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- quick cooking oats, 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can(s)
- salmon, canned (15 oz.); sprinkle with 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 c
- all purpose flour, and 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c
- shortening, or butter
- 3/4 c
- 1 lg. or 2 sm. diced onions
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- flour - may need more to absorb oil
- 1 (or more c
- milk as needed to make a medium thick gravy.
1Lightly drain Salmon. Take bones out, and flake with fork. Sprinkle with the Salt & Vinegar. In a separate bowl beat Egg, and mix with Oatmeal. Gently fold into Salmon. Set aside.
Mix Flour, Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp. Salt, Shortening or Butter, with the Milk. Put out onto floured board, and Roll out about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
2Spread Salmon mixture on the rolled out dough. Roll up length wise. Cut into 3/4 inch slices.
Place rolls onto cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each one
3GRAVY: Cook Onions in oil until soft. ADD flour, stirring constantly until flour is lightly browned. Slowly add milk, stirring quickly. Cook until gravy is medium thick, stirring often. Serve over hot Baked Salmon Rolls.