Crispy Tilapia Fillets with Fennel-Mint Tzatziki
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- finely diced fennel bulb plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 3/4 c
- whole-milk greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp
- white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large
- tilapia fillets
- 1 tsp
- fennel seeds, finely ground
- 1 large
- egg white, beaten until frothy
- 2 c
- panko (japanese breadcrumbs) or fresh breadcrumbs
1Place fennel bulb and fronds in small bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt; toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Mix in yogurt, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2Sprinkle 1 side of each fillet with ground fennel, salt, and pepper. Brush with egg white; coat with panko. Turn over; repeat with seasoning, egg, and panko.
3Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish. Cook until opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with tzatziki.