Cheesy Shrimp Over Rice
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- old bay seasoning (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely sliced
- shallots, finely diced
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- slices provolone cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8.5 ounce pouches ready cooked jasmine rice
- dried parsley flakes (for garnish)
1Cook shrimp as usual, using Old Bay seasoning to taste. Drain, cool, peel and devein, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Set aside.
2Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Set aside.
3In a 2 quart saucepan, over medium to high heat, heat the butter until melted. Add the celery and shallots, Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese soup, cream of shrimp soup, wine and the cooking liquid from the shrimp. Mix well and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes.
4Add 2 slices of the Provolone (torn into pieces) and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
5Add the shrimp, mix well and transfer to prepared casserole.
6Top with remaining cheeses. First, lay slices of Provolone on top and then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
7Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted, hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with dried parsley flakes.
8Serve over rice.