Ceviche de Camarones
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- tilapia fillets, finely diced
- 1 lb
- shrimp, peeled and deveined & diced to size of tilapia
- 1 c
- lime juice from 8 large limes (use fresh)
- 1/2 c
- seeded chopped tomato
- peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/2 c
- finely diced onion
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c
- clamato tomato juice can also use v-8
- 1 bottle
- sirachi hot sauce or your preference
- serrano or jalapeno chile (optional)
- grilled tostadas already packaged look in meixcan food aisle
- mayo con limon in mexican food aisle
- avocado, sliced
- lime cut into wedges
1The fish is easiest to dice when it is partially frozen, this also makes for a much cleaner presentation. Diced the shrimp the same size as the tilapia.
2Put the tilapia and shrimp in a medium bowl. Pour the lime juice over the fish mixture and mix gently to combine.
3Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until the fish is white throughout, about 20 minutes.
4Remove from the refrigerator and drain off the lime juice, gently squeezing the fish mixture with your hands. Discard the lime juice. Add the tomato, cucumber, onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the clam-tomato juice and the hot sauce and chile, if using. (If using chile remove the seeds and ribs if want a little spice go with the jalapeno and dice fine). I prefer the serrano and leave in the seeds and the rib.
5Spread the tostadas generously with the lime mayonnaise this is found in the mexican food aisle and top with the ceviche. Arrange the avocado slices on top of the ceviche and serve immediately with the lime wedges alongside.