Featured Pinch Tips Video
- talapia, fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 c
- bread crumbs, whole wheat (or your favorite bread crumb)
- 4 Tbsp
- peanuts, chopped (or your favorite nut)
- cooking olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste (optional)
- red pepper, few pinches (optional)
- 2 c
- fresh tomato salsa (recipe follows)(optional)
1Heat oven to 375 and season fish on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika and red pepper.
2in a 9x13 baking pan line with aluminum foil and spray with Olive oil. Spread 1/2 of bread crumbs on the bottom of the dish and arrange fish on top of bread crumbs.
3Slice banana to cover each fillet with a thin layer of banana. use remaining breadcrumbs to cover bananas. sprinkle nuts on top of that, spray a little more olive oil on top so the breadcrumbs brown slightly. Bake in oven until thickest part of fish is opaque, about 20 minutes.
4Serve with salsa on the top or the side. I usually serve a nice green salad or green beans on the side.
5To Make salsa: finely dice 1c tomato, 1/2c red onion, 1/4c green pepper, 1/2c mango, 1/2 to 1 finely diced jalapeno, 1tsp calentio, 1/4c lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.