BAKED, STUFFED WILD SALMON FILETS
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium sized, fresh or frozen shrimp chopped small, (tails removed)
- 1 pkg
- 300 grams, frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1/4 c
- feta cheese, (chopped small)
- 1/8 c
- “zatarain’s fish-fry” (if you do not have zatarain’s, use any finely ground white corn meal or corn meal flour… martha white, for instance.)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped, fresh italian parsley
- wild salmon filets, skin on, (about 15 inches in length)
- old bay seasoning, for rubbing the salmon flesh
- 1 large
- whole lemon, cut into at least 8 slices
- 2 Tbsp
- salt-free butter or margarine, at room temperature for easy spreading
- foil wrap for baking prepared salmon
- olive oil, extra virgin, for drizzling
1PREPARE THE STUFFING
in a bowl, mix well first 6 ingredients. set aside and continue with the other preparation. Set aside for later use.
2METHOD FOR PREPARING THE SALMON
Tear off 2 sheets of foil, long enough to fold over the salmon at each end, and prepare as follows….
3Rub two, salmon filets lightly with salmon rub, or old bay seasoning (flesh sides only).
4Slather one side of each length of foil, with salt free butter or margarine.
5Lay half the lemon slices on the bottom length of foil.
6Place one filet, skin-side down, lengthwise, on one piece of lemon-buttered foil.
7Spread all the stuffing, and pack down along the entire length of fish.
8Place the second filet, skin side up onto the first filet and stuffing. Press down tightly.
9Butter the upper skin with butter or margarine.
10Press the edges of the salmon together, lightly to seal… add the remaining lemon slices to the top filet.
11Cover the fish tightly, with the second piece of foil; bring the sides and ends of the foil up and over as far as it will go.
12Make a slit 1/2 way along in the pouch. Drizzle olive oil into the pouch. Be generous.
13Set on an oven-proof baking (grilling) pan. Cook in your outdoor grill, or oven for 3/4 of an hour, or until done….
Slice the fish, across the body, one slice at a time, with a very sharp knife.
15Peel the top skin from the first slice. It will remove very easily.
Do not use a serrated blade.
With a spatula, lift the slice by inserting spatula between flesh and
bottom skin; lift and place on individual plates.
You should have a top and bottom slice of filet complete with beautiful stuffing.
16Continue with the rest of the salmon, one slice at a time.
Serve with your favourite sides. (eg. Rice, Orzo, roasted mixed root
vegetables, fingerling potatoes and pearl onions, etc.