Anything with tomatoes is good, in my mind.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cooking spray
- 3 large
- or 6 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (2 lbs.)
- 16 oz
- canned tomato wedges*, reserving 1/4 cup liquid
- * or, other tomatoes, if wedges aren't available.
- 4 oz
- canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano, crushed
- bay leaf
- 1 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced & separated into rings
- 2 Tbsp
- snipped fresh parsley or 2 tsps dried or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1/2 tsp
- celery seed
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
1Spray an 11-3/4 x 7-1/2 x 1-3/4 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3Sprinkle chicken with seasoning salt and paprika. Place chicken in baking dish.
4Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid. Arrange tomatoes, onion and drained mushrooms over chicken.
5Sprinkle parsley, oregano and celery seed over all.
6Mix reserved liquid, garlic and bay leaf. Pour over chicken; cover. Bake for 1 hour.
7Then, uncover, and bake 10 minutes more. Remove bay leaf. Spoons juices over meat.