Tofu Hambagu Chicken Meatballs
These Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are soft and fluffy, the secret ingredient is tofu!
The proportion for meat and tofu in this recipe makes it pretty easy to form into meatballs.
Please note: The meat acts as binding agent here, and as you knead the meat, it gets stickier and helps bind the tofu and other ingredients very well.
You can add your choice of vegetables but don’t put too much in order to maintain the fluffiness.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- oz (255 g) ground chicken
- oz. (142 g) medium firm tofu (about ⅓ of 14-oz. package)
- 1 1/2
- sweet bell peppers (3 oz, 87 g) – i used 3 colors
- green onion/scallion
- inch ginger (about 1 tsp. grated ginger)
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil for cooking
- tbsp. soy sauce
- tbsp. sugar
- tbsp. mirin
- tsp. rice vinegar
- tsp. potato/corn starch