Thai Chicken Curry
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 4 oz
- yellow curry paste
- 3/4 lb
- carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb
- yukon gold potatoes (about 3), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb
- skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15 oz
- unsweetened coconut milk
- chopped fresh basil and cilantro
1Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
2Add potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3Divide curry among bowls and top with herbs.