Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small
- onion, thinly sliced
- bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 c
- mushrooms, sliced
- strips bacon, crispy
- 8 slice
- deli-style cheese: provolone, asiago, mozzarella, etc, your choice or 1 cup shred cheese
- seasonings or bread crumbs for chicken, to taste
- salt, pepper to taste and small amount of oil for initial cooking
Add crumbled bacon and heat through. Add chicken to the pan. Scoop all veggies evenly onto the chicken breasts, and top each mound with 2 slices of cheese (or 1/4 cup shred each, if you're using that kind). Cover and allow cheese to melt. Serve with crusty bread and your favorite starchy side (we prefer a creamy rice dish like Broccoli Casserole).
• For a Tex-Mex spin, season the chicken with taco mix and use jalapenos in place of the bell pepper. Pepper Jack cheese would go well with this version.
• For a more comfort-food feel, try coating the chicken with dry gravy mix. The chicken juices will turn it into a nice sauce on the veggies. You may need a tiny bit of water with this version, if your chicken doesn’t release much liquid, but remember that the veggies will release some too.
• In summer, a few tomatoes chopped and added to the veggie mix tastes great, especially with Italian seasoning on the chicken. If you’re craving this version & there are no good summer tomatoes to be had, try using canned, diced tomatoes, well drained. It’s almost as good.
• Substitute boneless pork chops for the chicken for another twist.