Spicy Chicken Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- chicken, boneless and skinless
- 6 c
- 32 oz
- chicken broth
- 3 large
- potatoes, peeled and chopped up
- 2 medium
- shallots, diced up
- bay leaves, whole
- 1 pkg
- of frozen mixed vegetables with green beans, carrots, peas, lima beans, and corn or 1 1/2 cups of each fresh (slicing or chopping green beans and carrots)
- cupped palm full of following: salt, sage, dried parsley, ground savory,
- cupped palm fulls of ground black pepper, oregano, and smoked paprika
- 1 pkg
- egg noodles, uncooked
1In a large saucepan, add 4 cups of water, the chicken breasts and a couple of pinches of salt. Cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes or until chicken meat has no pink tinge to it.
2While chicken is cooking, in large stock pot, pour 2 cups water and chicken broth. Add the vegetables, and all the seasonings and allow to cook over medium heat.
3When chicken is cooked, remove from water and place on cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and add to the stock pot.
4Let ingredients cook on a mild simmer for 2 hours minimum, up to 6 hours for best flavors. Use the water the chicken was cooked in which is now a homemade chicken stock to add to the pot to keep up level of liquid. 30 minutes before serving, add in egg noodles, stirring to get noodles down into liquid. When noodles are softened, soup is ready to serve.