South Seas Chicken and Bananas
This is a very nice recipe to make if you want a refreshing change from your everyday meals.
I have had this recipe for over 10 years and it comes from a Taste of Home magazine but I do not have the year. The author of the recipe is Wendy Smith from Eagleville, Pa.
I hope you enjoy. Kim
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- flaked coconut
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cardamom (i used 1/4 tsp)
- 6 medium
- very firm bananas, halved lengthwise (i used just 3)
- 3 c
- cornflake crumbs
- 5 to 6 lb
- chicken pieces (i used chicken breasts cut up)
- 3/4 c
- butter or margarine, melted, divided
- sliced kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
1In a food processor or blender, blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a bowl.