Mertzie's Smoky Ranch CCBLT's
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- one chicken breast per sandwich (i made 3)
- packet of ranch seasoning mix
- colby jack (or your preference flavor) slice of cheese for each breast (or more)
- slices of bacon per sandwich
- slices tomato per sandwich
- large leaf of lettuce per sandwich
- scallions (diced) or 1 red onion slice per sandwich
- optional: garlic chili sauce (found w/ asian condiments)
- 3 Tbsp
- ranch dressing (creamy, like hidden valley)
- heaping tsp., smoked spanish paprika
- tsp. ancho chili powder (or chipolte for more kick)
- splash of lemon juice
FOR THE SAUCE TO SPREAD (THIS MAKES FOR 2-3 SANDWICHES):
1I whisked milk with packet of ranch seasoning mix. (If you're making for a crowd, use more mixes for flavor -- enough to cover chicken). Marinate in a bag overnight, and turn every so often.
2A few hours before grilling, I took chicken from bag & discarded milk ranch mix. I rubbed garlic chili sauce on each breast lightly and refrigerated for a few more hours.
3Heat your grill (or you could use broiler). Meanwhile, mix up the sauce for spreading on the sandwich. Mix 3 TBS ranch dressing with the paprika and chili powder. Mix well & taste, and then adjust to your liking. I added probably another tsp. of smoked paprika, because we love it. Add a splash of lemon juice. Set aside.
4As chicken grills, crisp bacon to your liking and set aside. Get chicken to where it is just done (don't overcook it) & then add the cheese slices on top and melt.
5Now you just assemble! Spread sauce on each roll. Then add your lettuce, tomatoes, chicken (I sprinkled scallions on top of the chicken), and the bacon.
6This is a hunky big sandwich! I used large potato rolls, but next time I shall use a sturdier/crustier roll or serve it as an open face sandwich. Enjoy!