Slow Cooker Heaven: Chicken in a Honey/Soy Braise
Andy Anderson !
It’s simple to assemble, and only takes 2.5 hours in the slow cooker. You can cut the time in half by using the high setting, but I don’t recommend it… Give the slow cooker a chance to do its thing, and give the ingredients a chance to get to know each other.
And the good news… it’s a one-pot meal.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow onion, diced (if you have dried onions, use those)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- fresh clover honey
- 1/2 c
- tamari sauce
- 1/4 c
- barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- hot sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- sesame seeds, for garnish