~ Savory Chicken & Spinach Casserole ~
If you don't like mushrooms, add a different veggie instead..I used mushrooms, because they needed to get used and were quite tasty with the spinach.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 - 5 medium
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - poached in water
- 3/4 c
- cooked orzo in broth from chicken
- 1 - 10 oz
- frozen spinach - thawed and drained well
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium
- onion. chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- each - pepper & garlic salt
- 8 oz
- container, sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 - 14.5 oz
- cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 c
- 1 - 8 oz
- block, colby / jack cheese - shredded
- italian bread crumbs
Bring broth back to a boil and cook orzo, about 9 minutes, drain and set aside.
Spray a 2 - 3 quart casserole with non stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet,over medium heat - brown onion, mushrooms and garlic. Stirring occasionally.