Pat's chicken/fruit salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 large
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c
- seedless grapes( cut in halve
- 2 can(s)
- pineapple tidbits( drained and squeeze by hand to extract liquid
- 3 small
- cored/unpeeled Red Delicious apples) diced
- 1-11/2 c
- mayonaisse(NOT SALAD DRESSING!)
- chopped walnuts or pecans.
1Boil chicken with an onion and celery until cooked completely through. Remove chicken and set aside or refrigerate to cool.Dice chicken and add to large bowl.
2Add diced apples, well drained pineapple and grapes to bowl.Mix well.
3Add mayonnaise to moisten.Cover and refrigerate for 4 or more hours. Before serving stir and add more mayo if appears dry.
4I like to serve in individual scooped out cantaloupe or pineapple halves with a few sugared strawberries as decoration. If desired sprinkle with nuts just before serving so they remain crisp and not soggy.