Orange Garlic Chicken
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 c
- chicken stock
- garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- smoked garlic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 - 10
- chicken pieces
- oranges, peeled, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- dry white wine....i used chardonnay but had a hard time deciding between a sauvignon blanc
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz
- mixed and dried mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped.
- basil or parsley to garnish
- serve this with rice or potatoes....i am going with rice.
1Boil the stock and the garlic cloves for 20 minutes. Strain the garlic from the cloves. Keep the garlic cloves. They will go back into the dish in step 3.
2Remove the skin and pith from the orange. Slice into thin slices
3Remove the browned chicken from the frying pan to an oven-safe dish. Top with garlic and oranges.
4Heat the chicken drippings to high...add wine, reserved stock, mushrooms. Heat to a desired gravy-like consistency. Pour over the top of the chicken.
5Bake at 375 for 45 minutes....Serve over rice or potatoes.