Norma's Parmesan Chicken Bundles
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 oz
- (1/2 of 8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded low0moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, devided
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounce) brozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 small
- boneless skinless chicken brest halves (1 1/2 pounds), pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- ritz cracker, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 c
- of your favorite spaghetti sauce, heated
1Preheat your oven to 375.
2Meanwhile, mix chream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of parmesan unti well blended and set aside.
3Place the chicken breast one at a time between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound down to 1/4 inch thickness.
4When finished with all six chicken breast lay them flat and spread mixture onto each breast.
5Start at one short end of each breast and roll up chicken tightly and secure with a wooden toothpick if desired and set aside.
6In a shallow dish, beat eggs.
7Mix remaining parmesan and cracker crumbs in separate shallow dish.
8Dip chicken bundles in egg and then roll in crumb mixture.
9Place seam-sides down in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
10Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
11Remove from oven and discard toothpicks if you used them.
12Serve topped with spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella.
13*These can be made ahead, covered and placed in your refrigerator for up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, uncover and bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
14*For something special you can stir chopped freah basil and or sliced bloack olives into spaghetti sauce before heating.