My Own BBQ Chicken Pizza
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12-inch prepared whole wheat pizza crust, thin
- rotisserie chicken, deboned
- bbq sauce - whatever your fave is (i like sweet baby ray's)
- 6 slice
- center cut bacon, cooked in microwave until almost done, chopped
- 8 oz pkg
- shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz
- reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- medium red onion, sliced thin and separated into strands
1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop or pull apart chicken. Add enough bbq sauce to just coat the chicken - 2-3 tablespoons.
2Place crusts on baking sheets or pizza pans. Spread bbq sauce over each crust to within 1-inch of the edge - use maybe 1/4 cup per crust (more or less to your preference).
3Place 1/2 the chicken on each crust, spreading out to evenly cover the sauce. Cover the chicken with mozzarella and cheddar, dividing evenly between the 2 pies. Divide the bacon and sliced onion evenly between the 2 pies.
4Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts and the bacon starts to brown. Check the bottom of the crust to make sure it's not burning. If it looks like the crust will burn before the bacon crisps enough, turn on the broiler to finish browning the top. Cut into wedges and serve.